Thursday, August 8, 2013

Full Summer Garden


This is my full summer garden, a raised bed, five by six feet, and two tomato pots. I was away for ten days, then we had family visiting here - this is the garden flourishing on its own with very little attention from me. Plant the seeds, water, watch them grow. Amazing.

It was raining when I took some of these photos, a much needed, deep rain. I could water every day, and need to in this desert climate, but a fresh, cool rain rejuvenates the plants far better than anything I could do.





On stage now: marigolds, tomatoes (cherry and beefsteak), bush beans, summer squash, chard, beets, parsley.



Coming soon: zucchini, corn, zinnias.


Waiting on the sidelines: mini pumpkins and mini peppers.


1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful garden. It's fun and a bit mysterious to watch nature in action. Love the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete