Friday, April 19, 2013

Jump

This weekend is the Jumping Tandem retreat. I prayed to go. The Lord said, "No." So, I prayed some more, asking, "Maybe?" Still, the answer, "No."

The mental jump to the point of acceptance feels, sometimes, like a wild leap into the unknown.

But there is still a further jump to make. The jump to gratefulness. The wild leap of joy, like the kids competing to see who can make the biggest cannonball splash, into the pool of joy. That is where I sit on the sidelines, my towel tucked around me, not going into the water, not even my toes. I hide, I step aside, I watch others take the step.

A mental jump. A choice. To stretch the edges of my mouth, just a little, and then, to smile. To take a deep breath and relax into the pleasure of joy. To get splashed by the drops of others' joy as they jump in.

Acceptance. When the edges of life aren't sewed up the way I would like them to be.

Gratefulness. Joy. When the seams of my days unravel and fray. I make the choice to jump in to the day I am given. And maybe splash others when I do, here, from where I am.

Five Minute Fridays
Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Your blog and photos often splash me with joy... just so you know :)I've wanted to go to the She Speaks conference since I learned of it a couple years ago. Just looked up flights and added up cost, am praying, but doesn't look promising. I keep thinking "that conference is just what I need". But your words hit home... about splashing joy "here, where I am".

    And I loved "when the edges of life aren't sewed up the way I would like them to be". Thanks for another great post, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came by to read your Sunday post, but found myself drawn to your FMF post. So glad I was. Loved this..."The mental jump to the point of acceptance feels, sometimes, like a wild leap into the unknown." I'm feeling a bit without words, but your post really spoke to me tonight. Thank you! Thank you for stopping by my page as well.

    ReplyDelete